Problem with Revision Hisory of Images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:40

Problem with Revision Hisory of Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi Team,

We have developed a website in Sitefinity 8.1 and facing an issue with revision history of images. We uploaded an image in Default Library and published it. Then we rotated the image and published it again. If we look at Revision History, it doesn't really show historical image (it shows current image). If we restore older version of an image, it restores the same current image.

We are facing the same issue even if we replace the image instead of rotating it. Please let us know your comments about this issue.

Appreciates your quick response.

Thanks & Regards,

Lipi

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Lipi,

We have answered you in the support ticket that you had opened for this matter. For everyone's convenience, I will summarize our response:

Unfortunately, this is a known missing implementation within Sitefinity, which has been logged in our Feedback Portal.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2015 00:00

@Lipi

...you can help by voting and getting anyone you know to vote.  Nobody is aware of this limitation until you encounter it.  It's unforgivable that a content management system doesn't have media revision history for the media itself.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2016 00:00

Agreed. Even i am facing similar issues in sitefinity 9.0. I cant revert back to older version of my data..

This thread is closed