The ContentViewDefinition with name 'LibraryImagesBacken

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:49

The ContentViewDefinition with name 'LibraryImagesBackend' does not exist in configuration files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2015 00:00

I was just trying to click on one of the Image Libraries in my Sitefinity v. 8.1.5820 site when I received the following error message:

The ContentViewDefinition with name 'LibraryImagesBackend' does not exist in configuration files.
           You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration;
           change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programmatically by setting
           the ControlDefinition property.

[InvalidOperationException: The ContentViewDefinition with name 'LibraryImagesBackend' does not exist in configuration files. You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration; change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programmatically by setting the ControlDefinition property.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.get_ControlDefinition() +286 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.BackendContentView.get_ControlDefinition() +5 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.ResolveContentManager(String transactionName) +39 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.ResolveDetailItem() +148 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +59 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +92 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +160 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +883

Please advise as to how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

Based on our experience this issue may occur after an upgrade if the Libraries module has not been upgraded properly. Can you please try to re-install the Libraries module from Administration -> Modules and Services. Please find the module and the from its Actions link select Deactivate, Uninstall and then Install.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2015 00:00

When I attempt to perform a re-install of the module, I get a "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint pk_sf_presentation_data" error message thus causing a failure of re-installing the module.

Please advise how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Samir,

Please refer to the below KB article and try the suggestion there in order to fix this issue:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/cannot-insert-duplicate-key-in-object-'dbo.sf_presentation_data'-error-when-reinstalling-libraries-module-after-upgrade

You may also checkout the following forum thread where the same has been discussed:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/error-when-going-to-content-images-after-6-1-upgrade

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed