ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:24

ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection defined by this control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

We're running Sitefinity 8.1.5810.0 and recently upgraded Feather to version 1.3.350.0.  After upgrading, when trying to access Content > Images > [image library name], we are getting the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection 
           defined by this control.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection 
           defined by this control.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection defined by this control.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName() +477 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +69 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

Here is my error log:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 10/19/2015 9:39:49 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: fe3a5ff2-4fc4-4667-b094-ebf7a33f20f9
An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred and was caught.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/19/2015 15:39:49
Type : System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection 
            defined by this control.
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.String DetermineCurrentViewName()
HResult : -2146233079
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

MachineName : 214592L
TimeStamp : 10/19/2015 9:39:49 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=8.1.5810.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-7-130897615230086448
ThreadIdentity : webmaster
WindowsIdentity : CA\dcottrea
Requested URL : localhost:60876/.../

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 90000

Severity: Error

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: 214592L

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-7-130897615230086448

ProcessId: 8980

Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express\iisexpress.exe

Thread Name: 

Win32 ThreadId:15044

Extended Properties: 
----------------------------------------

I've tried deactivating and re-activating the Libraries module as well and un-installing it and reinstalling it and neither of those solutions have worked.  Any suggestions before I start a roll back process?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

Please inspect your LibrariesConfig.config file for any <config:lazy> lines and comment them out. After that please reinstall the Libraries module again by removing the version attribute in the SystemConfig. You can refer to the following KB article how to do this: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/reinstall-sitefinity-module

Please make sure to attempt this on a backup of the project first.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

That worked.  Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Velizar,

We're currently experiencing the same issue but with the News module. Commenting out the <config:lazy lines seems to work, even without reinstalling the module, but can we get an explanation about the cause? Can this be prevented from happening?

We're currently running SF 8.2.5906.0

Regards,

Hristiyan

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2016 00:00

We would also like an update as to the cause of this issue.

We experienced this on SF 9.1 even without updating. We simply created a new library and this issue started appearing.

Any way to permanently resolve this and stop it from happening in the future?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2016 00:00

Anyone has this fixed? I'm having this after upgrading to 9.1.

My Dynamic Module isn't working anymore and I'm getting this error.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Did you find a solution to this your issue with the Dynamic Module?

I am having trouble accessing the backend screens for just one dynamic type as part of a custom module. I've noticed there is no configuration available for this type, but I am at a loss as to how to replace it accurately. 

I've tried deactivating / reactivating the module hoping it will rebuild the config file but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2017 00:00

Hi Brett,

I am running into the same problem... Recently upgraded - I have a couple of Dynamic Modules that I am unable to access under the Content menu item. "ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection defined by this control." I know its been a while since you replied to this , but did you have any luck - and if so, what did you do?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2017 00:00

I had this error when upgrading to 10.0, but only in production. Turns out a lot of .config files are created in the folder: ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration

I had to add them to my deployment. Then it worked again.

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2017 00:00

We recently jumped from 5.0 to 9.2. I've included every file in the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ directory in the project and rebuilt the solution, and verified the config files are in the /Sitefinity/Administration/Files file listing. Still hitting the same wall. 

I hadn't seen that article, but I double checked the file to ensure I have a line in for that particular module, and I do. I removed the line and rebuilt the solution and in doing so, I got the particular error in that KB article when navigating to the Content > Module Name list... adding the line back in gets be back to the "ContentView control is in Master mode and no MasterViews exist in the Views collection defined by this control" error. Thank you for your help on this by the way Daniel!

This thread is closed