Error when accessing the Pages link in SiteFinity administra

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:16

Error when accessing the Pages link in SiteFinity administration backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2015 00:00

We started getting an error when trying to access the Pages link in SiteFinity administration backend .  See attached Screen shot.   I'm unable to find the template that the error references. 

We are using SiteFinity 8.0.  Here is the error from the logs:

Timestamp: 10/21/2015 8:46:01 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: bba45a6d-4c8a-4c81-8202-6006e5130f75
An exception of type 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.NoSuchObjectException' occurred and was caught.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/21/2015 15:46:01
Type : Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.NoSuchObjectException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2015.1.225.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342
Message : No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageTemplate ('sf_page_templates') GenericOID@53945ea8 PageTemplate id=e8a0b0e7-a4f1-63ed-a0bf-ff0800ed1b39 NOTRES 
Source : Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime
Help link : 
InnerExceptions : 
FailedObject : 
BackendError : 
Reason : NoSuchObject
CanRetry : True
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.Exception Throw()
HResult : -2146233088
Stack Trace :    at OpenAccessRuntime.ExceptionWrapper.Throw()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PCStateMan.handleException(Exception x)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PCStateMan.getObjectFieldImp(PersistenceCapable pc, FieldMetaData fmd, Object currentValue)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageData.OpenAccessEnhancedGettemplate(PageData owner)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageData.get_Template()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageDataProxy..ctor(PageData pageData)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageDataContext..ctor(IList`1 pageDataList)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetPageDataContext(Guid nodeId, NodeType nodeType, IList`1 pageDataList)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.FindDataContext(PageSiteNode node)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.IsPublished(CultureInfo culture)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.Model.WcfPageNode.InitFromSiteNode(PageSiteNode siteNode)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.Model.PageViewModel..ctor(PageSiteNode siteNode, Boolean excludeDecisions)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.PagesService.<GetPagesInternal>b__2c(PageSiteNode siteNode)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.PagesService.GetChildPagesFromSitemap[T](Guid parentId, String filter, String siteId, Func`2 createViewModel)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.PagesService.GetPagesInternal(Boolean hierarchyMode, String root, String pageFilter, String sortExpression, Int32 skip, Int32 take, String filter)
   at SyncInvokeGetPages(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2015 00:00

My thought is that there is a Page using a template that no longer exists.  Does anyone know the DB table that contains the template id that a page is using.

Thanks in advanced,

Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

The table which holds the connection between pages and page templates is sf_page_data

Please perform the following query on the database to see which pages use a template with that id:

SELECT * FROM [DatabaseName].[dbo].[sf_page_data]
WHERE template_id = 'e8a0b0e7-a4f1-63ed-a0bf-ff0800ed1b39'

Furthermore you can perform the following query to see if there actually is no entry in the sf_page_templates table with that id:

SELECT * FROM [DatabaseName].[dbo].[sf_page_templates]
WHERE id = 'e8a0b0e7-a4f1-63ed-a0bf-ff0800ed1b39'

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

Thank you Velizar.  That is exactly what I needed.  I had only three pages using the template ID that did not exist in my DB any longer.   I set the correct Template ID and all is now working.  I'm not sure why or how it occurred though.

This thread is closed