Connection string issues upgrading Sitefinity 8.1 to 8.2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:42

Connection string issues upgrading Sitefinity 8.1 to 8.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2015 00:00

Originally installed an instance of Sitefinity 8.1, and moved the connection strings to the web.config per these instructions. I moved both connection strings; Sitefinity and SitefinityDiagnosticsModule.

I have just upgraded this instance to version 8.2 and received the following warnings (3 times in a row) in the upgrade log:

HandlingInstanceID: 69f16837-e10c-42a6-a1e5-ee65272353fa An exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred and was caught. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 10/29/2015 14:28:36 Type : System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 Message : The configured connection string SitefinityDiagnosticsModule does not exist in the DataConfig. Source : Telerik.Sitefinity.Diagnostics Help link : ParamName : Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal TargetSite : Void InitializeConnectionSettings(System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection) HResult : -2147024809 Stack Trace : at Telerik.Sitefinity.Diagnostics.Tools.DataAccess.DataAccessProfilingFactory.InitializeConnectionSettings(NameValueCollection config) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsModule.InitializeTools() Additional Info: MachineName : OPL-MTITCHENER TimeStamp : 10/29/2015 8:28:36 PM FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=8.2.5900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563 AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/sitefinity-3-130906240526680496 ThreadIdentity : WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\SitefinityAppPool Requested URL : http://127.0.0.1/sitefinity/

The upgrade otherwise completed successfully. Are there any repercussions to this? Should I not have moved the SitefinityDiagnosticsModule connection string before upgrading? I'm trying to get a sense of how malign this issue is.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Matt,

If the Diagnostics module is enabled you need to define the connection string for this feature in the DataConfig file located under ~\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder. If you are not using this feature you can disable or uninstall the module from Administration -> Modules & Services -> Diagnostics as shown in the screenshot.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2015 00:00

As I feared - I have disabled the feature for now. Thank you for your feedback.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2017 00:00

Your content is very informative
Please see video below
Expression and speech training
mahanteymouri.ir/.../

This thread is closed