Feather Dynamic Module Master / Detail Controller - The refe

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:36

Feather Dynamic Module Master / Detail Controller - The referenced OpenAccessContext or 'IObjectScope' is already closed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2015 00:00

I opened an issue on GitHub for this, but I'm hoping to get some more eyes on this problem. You can find that issue here:

Master / Detail - The referenced OpenAccessContext or 'IObjectScope' is already closed #2366

Ultimately the problem is that the implementation of the Details action accepts the `DynamicContent` class, which is a context dependent object, outside of the scope of the context making this no longer a stateless operation and prevents deep-linking to a details item URL.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Richard,

It is important to note that we do not use the same object for the master and for the details view. What i mean is that when you click on an item from the master view to open its details or just manually access the details page of an item (without visiting the master page), Sitefinity will resolve the item details from the url by the item UrlName.

When you access the item details Sitefinity gets the UrlName from the url and finds the item in the specified module type with this url name and uses this item in the Details action.

I have tested this on my side and was not able to reproduce the issue.

Here is the code I used in my controller for the Index() and Details() actions:

using SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Models.MyModule;
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Mvc;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.Model;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Model;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Controllers
    [ControllerToolboxItem(Name = "MyModule widget", Title = "MyModule widget", SectionName = "MvcWidgets")]
    public class MyModuleController : Controller

public ActionResult Index(int? page)

DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(String.Empty);
            Type itemsType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.MyModules.MyModule");

List<DynamicContent> myItems = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(itemsType)
                .Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && i.Visible == true).ToList();

List<MyModuleModel> model = new List<MyModuleModel>();

foreach (var item in myItems)

string title = item.GetValue("Title").ToString();
                string urlName = item.GetValue("UrlName").ToString();

var modelItem = new MyModuleModel() Title = title, UrlName = urlName ;
                model.Add(modelItem);

return View("Default", model);

public ActionResult Details(DynamicContent author)

var model = new MyModuleModel() Title = ((IHasTitle)author).GetTitle(), UrlName = author.UrlName ;
            return View(model);

I have the following model class:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Models.MyModule
    public class MyModuleModel

public string Title get; set;
        public string UrlName get; set;

In the Default View displaying the list of items I added this markup to display a link to the item:

@model List<SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Models.MyModule.MyModuleModel>

@foreach (var item in Model)
    <div>
     <a href='/page-url/@item.UrlName'>@Html.Raw(item.Title)</a>
    </div>

Then in the Details View I just display the Title of the item like below:

@model SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Models.MyModule.MyModuleModel

@Model.Title

I also recorded a short video for your convenience to demonstrate the results on my side. I am also sending attached the MVC widget I used on my side.

I am afraid it is difficult to say what is causing the issue on your side. What I can suggest is that you send me the MVC widget you have developed on your side and any details that will help us to reproduce the issue and check if it caused by Sitefinity.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/6e4c10bd_2D00_5f52_2D00_4fdf_2D00_972b_2D00_4bf3424c5469_5F00_Mvc.zip:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/0640.0deaf213_2D00_5173_2D00_4360_2D00_a02b_2D00_4b657baf6e64_5F00_MVC_2D00_MasterDetailsActions.zip:320:240]

This thread is closed