Discovery: Search doesn't work on Dynamic Content if the

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:52

Discovery: Search doesn't work on Dynamic Content if the dynamic module contains a field named "Category"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2015 00:00

So, this may be a bug or an undocumented feature but I felt like I should share my discovery. I've been having getting search to work for my custom modules. I discovered today that the culprit was a field by the name of "Category". Removing this field allowed search to work. Renaming also worked. To confirm, I made a new test module without the field and search worked. Upon adding a "Category" field, search was broken. 

Have fun with this one guys! :)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2015 00:00

Yes, me too faced the same issue when we have a field name category in content type. Now its in production and we cannot change it.

Got the following error

TimeStamp : 11/5/2015 11:26:40 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=8.1.5810.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : e56a379a-1-130911959133283627
ThreadIdentity :

Requested URL : localhost:5751/.../
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.InvalidCastException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Message : Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.RelatedDataPropertyDescriptor' to type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.TaxonomyPropertyDescriptor'.
    Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
    Help link :
    Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite : Void AddItemCategories(Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.WrapperObject, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.IDataItem)
    HResult : -2147467262
    Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.NewImplementation.PublishingUtilities.AddItemCategories(WrapperObject item, IDataItem contentItem)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.PublishingSystem.DynamicContentInboundPipe.SetProperties(WrapperObject wrapperObject, DynamicContent contentItem)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.PublishingSystem.DynamicContentInboundPipe.PushData(IList`1 items)

This thread is closed