Widget/Custom Control title missing from element in page des

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:45

Widget/Custom Control title missing from element in page designer (Sitefinity 8.2)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2015 00:00

I recently upgraded from Sitefinity 8.1 to 8.2, and imported some custom controls, began laying out our pages and noticed that once the control/widget is added, and published, the title no longer displays.  

If click "edit" all of the options seem to work except for "delete."  Also, if I try and drag and drop an existing widget/control the title bar collapses the entire item, and loses the edit option, and is very difficult to drag around.  

Did I mess something up in the Toolbox Configuration file?  Or is there a setting I need to enable possibly on the page?  This seems to appear on pages that have both custom controls as well as unmodified, original Sitefinity ones.  

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2015 00:00

I was able to resolve this on my own.  Not entirely sure how I did it, but I noticed that my page templates were also missing titles of their respective controls.  I republished the page template that the individual pages were using, a couple of times, and after the 2nd publish, the titles on both the page templates and individual page design views started showing up.  Strange.  Not sure if this was related to Sitefinity 8.1-created content needing a republish/refresh for 8.2?  

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2016 00:00

We're currently experiencing the exact same issue Troy was. Widgets that aren't showing a title are not able to be deleted or moved. The edit functionality seems to be fine though.

None of the widgets on any of my templates are missing titles. It's just the widgets that are on my Home page that are not showing them. I've republished my templates and the Home page multiple times to no avail. I'm attaching an image with some more detail.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2016 00:00

I was able to fix this on my own by removing and adding back in the first page widget with the issue. I don't know what happened to that widget to cause this problem on the entire page.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2016 00:00

I'm having the same problem with a page, but publishing the template and page aren't fixing it.

Further, I don't think I've done an upgrade on this site, it's just a small demo site.

Telerik - interested in the DB/code for this small sample site, while the page is in a broken state?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello Stephen,

Where you have this behaviour - only on a page with custom page template or when on there you have a custom widget?

Can you try is to recreate the page, step by step (add the Page template > Publish > add the resources/widgets one by one and Publish on each step) in order to check what causing that behaviour.

In addition, do you have any browser console errors?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2016 00:00

I think I'll address this in a support ticket, so you guys can dig into it, and post the outcome here once complete.

Thanks,
Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2016 00:00

Same problem here but by changing the name of the SfPlaceholder (ResourcePackages/Bootstrap/Views/Layout/default.cshtml)  or by using a custom layout template,  it works again .

https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather-packages/commit/0f384a19d5164e527ed032c53535f7cf0f9a9e69#diff-6

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2016 00:00

Any update on this issue ?

We encounter this issue too. The fix mentionned by Jow didn't work.

I've narrowed the problem down to the "Containers" (Grid widgets) => when there's one on the page, it breaks the widgets...

This is rather blocking because we can't remove/move widget once it appears as we have many on each page.

There's a JS console error but I don't think it will be of any help because it appears after a widget has been open and closed, not at the page load. 

Posting it anyway :

angular.js:11655 TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined
    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ZoneEditor._showLoadingPanel (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:21470)
    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ZoneEditor.execCommand (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:21268)
    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ZoneEditor._modalDialogClosedHandler (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:20895)
    at HTMLDocument.m.isFunction.e (ScriptResource.axd?d=kORBKpQR7Rd7QoEaNG_qgH1jVxICrlbcZdaPeGlsXAv2KVpw2oudoWJp48MxPAECL-86u0-qZQS0Zq…:2)
    at HTMLDocument.m.event.dispatch (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2777)
    at HTMLDocument.r.handle (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2777)
    at Object.m.event.trigger (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2777)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2777)
    at Function.m.extend.each (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2776)
    at m.fn.m.each (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl13_TSM&compress=0&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bT…:2776)(anonymous function) @ angular.js:11655(anonymous function) @ angular.js:8596(anonymous function) @ angular.js:13256n.$eval @ angular.js:14466n.$digest @ angular.js:14282n.$apply @ angular.js:14571(anonymous function) @ angular.js:21571m.event.dispatch @ ScriptResource.axd?d=kORBKpQR7Rd7QoEaNG_qgH1jVxICrlbcZdaPeGlsXAv2KVpw2oudoWJp48MxPAECL-86u0-qZQS0Zq…:3r.handle @ ScriptResource.axd?d=kORBKpQR7Rd7QoEaNG_qgH1jVxICrlbcZdaPeGlsXAv2KVpw2oudoWJp48MxPAECL-86u0-qZQS0Zq…:3

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2016 00:00

So apparently I found the origin of my problem : the page where the widget were broken had a template with 2 elements : a widget (custom), and a layout component (custom)

=> putting the widget in another layout (like grid-12 if you're using bootstrap) seems to correct the problème in the page

I don't know why or how but there seems to be a bug when your template starts or contains a widget.

Downside: modifying the template breaks all the layouts of all the pages that use this layout (I had to modify each page and republish)

This thread is closed