"BuildQuery" could not be resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:47

"BuildQuery" could not be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello, I'm trying to recreate what was done in this blog with auto complete and search.

www.sitefinity.com/.../extending_sitefinity_search_functionality_-_autocomplete

I put the code in exactly as written but I get the following error:

Error10'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.ISearchService' does not contain a definition for 'BuildQuery' and no extension method 'BuildQuery' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.ISearchService' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly.

Has the code base been changed? There is no reference that I can check to see if the method still exists..

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2016 00:00

Just curious if you ever found a resolution to this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2016 00:00

I have been looking into this issue.  I'm not sure which version the code changed, but I think 7.3.  Try using the example below:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-search-programmatically-in-sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Jeffery,

Autocomplete  functionality is now available out-of-the-box.

More information about the suggestions settings is available here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/search-widget-advanced-options#options-per-specific-search-widget 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2016 00:00

No, circumstances led to the client not needing auto complete functionality, so the solution was not needed.  Thanks though

This thread is closed