How to add controls inside contentblock

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:22

How to add controls inside contentblock

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2015 00:00

Sir/Madam,

I added custom controls in sitefinity cms and able to see & add them in the pagetemplate. But my question here is I need to add couple of htmls to wrap controls in the same row. My current production web page has like below:

<section class="row">
      <ctrls:HomePageHero ID="ucHomePageHero" runat="server"></ctrls:HomePageHero>
      <ctrls:MarketSnapshot ID="ucMarketSnapshot" runat="server" visiable="false"></ctrls:MarketSnapshot>
    </section>

So I need to add    <section class="row"> in the page template before adding custom controls and then need to add </section> after custom controls. Each pages has their own htmls like div, section in between the user controls to size, wrap in a same row, styling.

How to do this in the sitefinity cms 8.2. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Balaji

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2016 00:00

Hello,

First, you need to register HomePageHero and MarketSnapshot as widgets in Sitefinity so you can drag and drop them on to a Sitefinity page: docs.sitefinity.com/register-a-new-widget-in-sitefinity-toolbox

Next order have them contained by specific HTML, in this case section, you need to choose one of two methods:

Have custom markup in the base masterpage used for the pages with a contentplaceholder inside the section so you can drop the controls into it:  docs.sitefinity.com/create-a-template-using-a-master-page
Or, create a custom layout control using section instead of div: docs.sitefinity.com/layout-widgets-create-custom-layout-widgets

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed