Sitemap Generation / Multisite Environment

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:35

Sitemap Generation / Multisite Environment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I'm hosting both corporate web site within single Sitefinity Instance thanks to multi-site feature.  For maintenance propose multi-site feature rocks since I can now have both web sites keep synchronized with updates/upgrades at once at same time I just take care of one single database (a simple failure recovery process).

However I noticed that with Multisite environment you can access resources (not shared resources) from web site A but using the web site B URL.

For instance, I have this image URL uploaded in one of our public sites www.smartercommerce.net/.../smartercommerce.png.  Notice that same image resource is accessible using a different domain (URL from our second web site hosted over same Sitefinity Instance)  www.premierway.com/.../smartercommerce.png

Now, this same behavior affects Sitefinity Sitemap, based on the fact that generated Sitemap URL is virtually the same path between web sites, except for the domain URL, so we have:

www.smartercommerce.net/.../sitemap.gz

www.premierway.com/.../sitemap.gz

But you end up downloading the same resource file (SmarterCommerce won over Premierway.com, I don't know why of this!)

Is this a real bug?  Is this how sitefinity behaves as default with multi site feature ON?  or Is this something caused by a wrong setting somewhere on my environment/IIS settings?

Thanks for your feedback.

Carlos.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Carlos,

The problem where different sites in multisite refer to the same sitemap file is a bug and the bug is already fixed in Sitefinity 8.2.5902.0

For the case where same images are available in different sites is due to the libraries module providers are shared between the two sites in the sites management page.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed