Market Place Submission form link broken

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:35

Market Place Submission form link broken

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2015 00:00

On the http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/marketplace/about page the "Make a Submission" link generates a 404 page not found error.  I could not find a working link to the submission page. Can you provide me with one?

It's not surprising...nothing has been added in well over a year, and even when it was active it wasn't really ever used or useful... never took off.  Part of the reason is any DLL additions need to be compiled against a specific SF version so it gets annoying to keep trying to update your marketplace item.  Like I can't log in and update mine, I have to email someone who might MIGHT take care of updating it w/in the month, if I'm lucky.

Much easier to self-host your stuff...

I am surprised any of the links to the marketplace pages still work.  I agree, self-hosting is the way to go but this does bring up one good point.

It would be nice if there was a central directory where users could list their Sitefinity widgets and modules.  Maybe not necessarily host them or manage eCommerce transactions, but a simple listing directory would be nice.

I think its the right place, but the listing should link out to an external place to go download... marketplace should have this support ALREADY (since I think it just uses radeditors for the content body)

...but this post CLEARLY illustrates how useless it is as a system :/

I guess this means, it is no longer possible to become a Publisher?  

In the FAQ , under "What are the steps to become a publisher?" it states , one of the requirements is to "submit at least one Sitefinity add-on to the Marketplace."

Are there no more complimentary licenses for Publishers?

According to FAQ, under "As publishers, do we receive any complimentary licenses?", it says, "...all publishers who have at least one published marketplace listing will receive not-for-resale (NFR) licenses for the Sitefinity Small Business Edition, Sitefinity Standard Edition, and Sitefinity Professional Edition..."

If the program is obsolete and since I already put in all the effort in building the app along with the expectation of a complimentary license, is Telerik nice enough to comp me anyway?

@Dave

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll honor it and use your submission... just don't get your hopes up for speedy (or any) updates to it :)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2016 00:00

Hello Dave,

At the moment new submissions in the Marketplace are not supported. Unfortunately, we don't have plans to resume efforts on the Marketplace this year. 

However, you can share your work with the community by making it available for download (e.g. on GitHub). You can use our Sitefinity forums for this purpose. 

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed