Telerik.Sitefinity.Feather version 1.4.410.0 and razor pre c

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:48

Telerik.Sitefinity.Feather version 1.4.410.0 and razor pre compiling

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2016 00:00

Hey,

I've recently tried an update to the latest versions of Sitefinity and Feather and I'm not stuck with some problems around the new razor compiling of resource pacakages.

I have a site project named "Foo.Site" (with Foo being a customer name). And then a resource package folder called "Foo".

With the razor compilation I'm getting a errors due to the namespace that is being generated for the compiled views. The namespace (Foo.Site.ResoucePackages.Foo.* or something like that) is overriding being able to access Foo.Site.Models etc. for my widget viewmodels etc. 

This causes a problem, as I'm now stuck with either renaming the resource package to something else (doable, but a last resort as the current naming is correct? and I would be making it obscurer for the sake of getting this to work) or working out some way to get the razor compilation to work under a different namespace (which I don't know how to do).

Is there something else that I'm missing? Am I doing something wrong? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2016 00:00

I got around this first issue by doing some tweaks with global:: usings in the razor files and making a couple of tweaks.

However I now have the following issue when trying to compile

SeverityCodeDescriptionProjectFileLineSuppression State
ErrorUnable to load assembly 'Foo.Sitefinity, Version=1.0.5870.29793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' : Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=8.2.5900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. General Exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131500)
ExceptionString:
System.SystemException: Unable to load assembly 'Foo.Sitefinity, Version=1.0.5870.29793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' : Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=8.2.5900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. General Exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131500) ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.MetadataAttributesReader.PrepareMetaModelTypes(Assembly assembly)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.MetadataAttributesReader.PrepareMetaModelTypes(Assembly assembly)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.MetadataAttributesReader.ReadMetaModel(Assembly assembly)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.AttributesMetadataSource.<>c__DisplayClass1.<FromAssembly>b__0()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.AttributesMetadataSource.CreateModel()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.MetadataSource.GetModelCore(MetadataContainer old)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Enhancer.Enhancer.CrossDomainRunImpl(AssemblyLoader assemblyLoader)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Enhancer.EnhancerBase.CrossDomainRun()Foo.SitefinityD:\git\foo\Foo.Sitefinity\Foo.Sitefinity\obj\Debug\Foo.Sitefinity.dll

I can get around this by removing the hook for OpenAccess in the .targets file in the nuget packages (obviously this isn't sustainable) and can then build and run the site.

Without a way forward with this I wont be able to go ahead with the latest version.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2016 00:00

Hello,

Regarding the problem with the enhancer, this is a known issue. Please, refer to this KB article:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/after-update-to-feather-v.1.4.410.0-can-t-enhance-openaccess-inside-sitefinity-application-anymore

Could you please specify whether the Foo.Site is the assembly name and the namespace used for the Sitefinity web application or this is an external assembly?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2016 00:00

Foo.Site is the assembly name and namespace.

Then the razor compiler creates an namespace in Foo.Site.ResourcePackages.Foo.etc which is where the conflict comes in for referencing Foo.Site.Model namespaces etc.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi,

Please, refer to this KB article for more details on this issue and workarounds available:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/feather-cannot-build-project-that-has-resource-package-name-as-the-assemblyname-and-views-are-precompiled

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed