Subscribe to forum threads not avialable

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:41

Subscribe to forum threads not avialable

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2016 00:00

The control for subscribing to the forum  feed is not being displayed in my template:

<sf:NotificationSubscription id="notificationSubscriber" runat="server" CssClass="sfforumEmailSubscriberWrp pull-right" />

Users are also not being notified of new posts. I've attached my forum notifications settings dialog for your review. 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2016 00:00

Hello Mark,

In order to setup forum subscription you need to do a couple of things:

1. Configure SMTP settings
  2. Configure notification profiles

Then go to Administration » Settings » Advanced » Forums » Notifications and add in SenderProfile the notification profile name you've created/setup in step 2 (by default this is the Default profile). Then select Enable checkbox to enable forums' notifications (see the attached file).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nadezhda Petrova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2016 00:00

Thanks, that was exactly my issue. It was checked at some point, then the gnomes unchecked it without my approval. Thanks for the followup.   

This thread is closed