Error uploading video

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:20

Error uploading video

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2016 00:00

I am getting an error message in attempting to upload a video (See attached screenshot).  The error reads: 
This site says.....
Cannot save the file: [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

I checked the log files and found no errors logged except for the following:
 Message: The library Customer Testimonials has a thumbnail profile with name thumbnail but there is no such configured.

I am unsure if these are even related, but it is something I noticed.  By 'Customer Testimonials', that is the name of the library I am attempting to upload video at.  I have had end users report the same issue and me as an admin can replicate.  Also, this same message happens when I try to upload more than one video at a time or if I try to upload individually.  

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2016 00:00

Anyone experience similar issue?

One thing that I did discover is that if I create a new library, we can upload videos into that library.  The issue is with any library that was created prior to us upgrading from version 5.4 to 8.1.

I did attempt to move videos into a newly created "temp" library, deleted the old library, re-created it with same name and move videos back to the new library.  Then, our team was able to upload videos to the new library.  I thought this was going to be a good workaround, but any page that referenced a video on it, no longer has that reference because it states that the library has been moved or deleted.  I was hoping that naming the "new " videos the same as the old library would work and the connection would not be lost.  That is not the case.

This thread is closed