Search results permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:54

Search results permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi
I am trying to restrict the search widget results to items that the user has permissions to. I have checked the 'Enable filtering queries by view permission' checkbox under Administration » Settings » Advanced » Search but it is not working for me (i.e. I still get back links to items I don't have permissions to view). I have restarted the site, logged out and back in, reindexed searches, but no dice.

I am using the Feather widgets for searching, in SF 8.2. Any help appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Simon,

Could you please elaborate on some details such as on what type of content you are searching and how exactly does the permissions differ between the items. Is it per user or per role? 
Please observe following screencast where I try this on my v.8.2 installation where activating "Enable filtering search results by view permissions" only returns the items for which the user has View permission.

http://screencast.com/t/WVqDxbF8LLiM

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed