Schema.org issues?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:53

Schema.org issues?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2016 00:00

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new to Sitefinity, so all apologies if this question comes off a little poorly-educated, but I did a lot of looking around and couldn't quite find anything too helpful. 

I work for a digital agency, and one of our clients (a credit union in New Mexico) uses Sitefinity to run their website. They have a series of individual pages for each of their locations, and recently I tried to add some schema.org markup to the relevant Content blocks on each page (containing the location's address and operating hours) but it doesn't seem to be displaying correctly?

I ran the issue past an associate of mine with a little more experience in this sort of matter and we found that Sitefinity seems to be stripping out the schema when the page gets published, but we're unable to find out why. Is there a setting or something somewhere in Sitefinity that blocks schema usage? Has anyone here ever been able to use plain ol' schema.org markup in Sitefinity's HTML or is there an alternative that does work with Sitefinity?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Tim,

What I can suggest is that you take a look at the below KB article and try to disable the ConvertToXhtml filter as suggested in the KB:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/unable-to-open-in-full-screen-embedded-videos-in-content-block-widget

This will prevent removing the html5 tags and attributes from the markup added to the Content block widget.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed