New editing issue in Sitefinity backend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:41

New editing issue in Sitefinity backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2016 00:00

I have noticed a new problem sneaking into our Sitefinity installations only recently - the inability to edit two items one after another.

Essentially, if I go into the SF backend and edit a news item, then click 'Back to news' and click to edit a different news item, then the editing screen never loads. If I look at the console, I have the following script error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'constructor' of null

The strangest thing about this, is that it's an error that not only seemed to suddenly appear, but also appeared in multiple installations. Different websites, using different versions of Sitefinity, on different environments.

It's affecting various content types and even widget templates - in the case of widget templates I don't even receive a script error, the request simply stops and I get a blank page. In all cases if I refresh and then try to access the same item again, it works. If I then back out and click another, the issue occurs again.

Obviously it's making content editing frustrating.

The issue only seems to occur in Chrome, so I'm wondering if a Chrome update has caused it?

Is this something anyone else is experiencing?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2016 00:00

Katie, I am also experiencing the issue of the editing screen not loading in Chrome after I close one item, go back, and try to open another.  I have used Chrome for a long time when editing, and this is a  recent issue. I had to switch over to Firefox to use Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2016 00:00

I've had similar issues just recently when trying to edit the Titles & Properties of Pages, one after the other. Every other click on Titles & Properties results in the Titles & Properties page not loading, but the Pages interface refreshes. 

Also,  a client just called to report a similar issue when trying to edit items in eCommerce>Products. 

We are both using the same version of Chrome (50.0.2661.94), but I am on Mac, client is on PC.

Firefox does not have the issue, so I'm thinking a recent Chrome update has broken something.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

This is currently a known issue discovered by our developers. The problem is introduced by the latest version of Chrome and we are currently working on resolving the problem.

A bug is logged in our feedback portal. You can follow its status for updates:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/190852-after-you-create-news-item-you-cant-create-another-news-item

Regards,
Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2016 00:00

I am also facing the same issue. Is there any resolution for the same?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

There is no resolution yet for this issue, subscribe to the bug in the feedback portal to receive a notification once it gets fixed. A way to avoid the bug is to avoid using Chrome version 50+ or use a lower version of Chrome browser.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed