Can't save document to new library

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:36

Can't save document to new library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2016 00:00

Hello, 

I have an issue where authors and editors cannot change the library a document is in when editing from the Edit document properties page. The changes are just ignored when Send for approval or Publish are clicked. We have a standard workflow approval process in place.

The same users can move documents using the Actions drop down from the library screen. Also, as an Admin I appear to be able to save a document and change the library while editing.

This is using Sitefinity 8.2. I would like to know why this is happening. Any help appreciated. 

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2016 00:00

Hi, 

I've been trying to test the scenario and behavior you are describing but so far I am unable to reproduce this.

Here is what I did and a small video as demonstration.
(The window on the right shows the admin user's backend, the one on the left is the Author's backend)
http://screencast.com/t/S421wDASKfKm

If you could please verify and tell me what I am doing differently or if you are having a different setup and/or behavior.
- I defined a standard workflow
- I created a user (myauthor) with the Authors role.
- I have 2 libraries with 1 document in the 1st Library.
- the myauthor user logs on and edit the document's properties;
    - changes the library.
    - saves the document
    - send for approval

- now the document is in the 2nd Library in status: Awaiting approval.
- and can be published by the admin user.

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2016 00:00

Hey Dimitri,

I can easily recreate the issue. It doesn't happen from the Content > Documents & Files menu, but happens from the My content and Everyone's content widgets in the backend. Here is a screencast: 

screencast.com/.../DK0HSZskwh

It happens in all browsers, and to all user types (Admin, Editor, Author). 

Cheers,

Simon

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Simon, 
Thanks for the additional info and video. I see what what you mean and can reproduce this particular behavior.
I have processed this internally and this has been verified and considered as a bug in Sitefinity. 
Here is a link to the feedback portal where you can track the progress of the bug and vote to increase its priority.

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/193522-cannot-change-documents-library-from-my-content-widget

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed