Content issue in Richtexteditor field in custom module (Bug

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:24

Content issue in Richtexteditor field in custom module (Bug)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2016 00:00

Our client has placed some content after which we were unable access any of the items of our custom  module. 
After some efforts by using hit and try method we have found that just by placing the following line in the richtexteditor  field's html .

<a href="[images|">Testing</a>

It will gives an error on publishing the item as shown in the attached image. also after that it is unable to show the listing as well, that means once we did that we will be unable to edit or access any item of the module.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello,

Let me know in which version of Sitefinity this issue gets encountered. In the latest version (Sitefinity 9.1) there is no issue with inputting this html in the long text editor of a custom module and accessing the module/module item after. 
The issue must be specific to an older version

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Stanislav Velikov,
Previously i was using sitefinity 8.0 when i posted this issue but after seeing  your reply ,I have tested the same issue on sitefinity 9.1 and it also gave a similar response  the only difference is while publishing the item it did't popup for any error but unable to publish the item.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi,

Here is a video on test at my end in Sitefinity 9.1. I don`t encounter the problem with publishing, but I may be lacking the whole setup to replicate the problem. Other fields added to the module may be involved in the problem.
Let me know details on what type of fields are added to the module so I can recreate the same at my end.

In general when having an instruction [images] or any text in [] angle brackets Sitefinity tries to process this as it has the functionality to resolve the urls to images/documents/videos inserted in the editor. This is the functionality that allows once an image is selected and displayed in the rich text editor regardless of how the image change, url, album, subfolders the image url in the rich text editor will update togather with the image url changes. The image will not get broken or unavailable when its url changes.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Stanislav Velikov,
You haven't taken my content.  you have place following line.

<a href="[images]"></a>
But I have tried following line.

<a href="[images|">Testing</a>

Actual issue was with not placing the closing angle bracket in my content href attribute ends with |(pipe) not with the closing angle bracket.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2016 00:00

Hi Tabish,

Indeed when using a pipe symbol an error occurs. The problem comes from Sitefinity's link parser which tries to resolve the href value, but it does not find the ending square bracket ']'. I suppose this is due to the value being automatically generated by default and it is not expected users to manually change it. 

To fix this you will need to access your project's database and find the table of the problematic content type. For the out of the box static modules those are:

News -> sf_news_items
Events ->sf_events
Blog posts -> sf_blog_posts
Content blocks -> sf_content_items

If you have used Module builder for this module the table should be named with the convention modulename_contenttypename. 

In the table find the problematic entry and directly modify the value in the database by closing the attribute with square bracket ']'.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2016 00:00

Hi PAVEL BENOV,
I have resolved this issue by deleting the problematic item before posting this bug but here I have post this bug mainly for getting the telerik points  and also for the purpose so that others will know about the solution of the problem. 

This thread is closed