Error using Sitefinity default login widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:03

Error using Sitefinity default login widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2016 00:00

We are using a default login widget from sitefinity. I couldnt get this working locally. I set this up locally in IIS. The error I was getting was 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Access denied] Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ValidateRequestSource(HttpContextBase context) +571 Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context) +1181 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165 

Similar issue  wasmentioned in thie thread  as well but no one care to respond from Sitefinity support.

www.sitefinity.com/.../httpexception-0x80004005-access-denied-with-iis

Any help was really appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2016 00:00

Hi Vallabha,

Can you please confirm that IIS setupped correctly as per the articles below:
docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects
docs.sitefinity.com/run-projects-on-iis-7-0-and-above

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2016 00:00

Hi

I setup exactly the same way that was mentioned above but still I cant access any of the pages after login. It just shows the same error message.  

I doubt its something to do with using sitefinity's default login widget. This is the annoying part as we cant even debug this part on our local machine as its part of Sitefinity.

Is there any way  that we can disable the login completely OR auto login the user on the local site.

Any help in resolving this and setting up locally will be very very much appreciated as its holding major part of the development and bug fixing .

We paid for the full subscription and got a license for Sitefinity. So It will be even better if we can talk to someone in person via skype or phone

We did this earlier for upgrade which helped and resolved the issue quickly.

Many Thanks

Harry

This thread is closed