Unable to add custom widget that was made using user control

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:18

Unable to add custom widget that was made using user control(.ascx) to Sitefinity 9.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2016 00:00

Hi all,

I am working with Sitefinity 9.1 . I have created a user control named "Hello.ascx" in the folder "UserControl" within the root site folder. Registered this usercontrol to Sitefinity CMS backend  within Toolboxes » Toolboxes » PageControls » Sections. But when I tried to add this widget to the page ,I am getting an error "the usercontrol cannot  be resolved". Please do help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks

With 9.1, unless someone has a gun to your head, you should be using Feather MVC widgets :)  Webforms ascx are bloaty and overly complex compared to MVC.  Also an MVC widget will register itself in the toolbox.

Regarding this though, did you BUILD your project after you added the usercontrol?  If you did build, can you paste in the corrospoding Hello line from your Toolboxes.config?

Either way though, thunder should be able to generate the stubs and register it for you.

And can you please tell us, the values, which you put to Toolboxes. I guess you put something wrong or didn't build project

This thread is closed