Trouble With OpenID Authentication in Sitefinity 10

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:29

Trouble With OpenID Authentication in Sitefinity 10

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2017 00:00

I have downloaded and installed a brand new copy of Sitefinity 10 and am trying to test the new Social Authentication feature. I followed the instructions here (docs.sitefinity.com/administration-social-media) to  configure my site to use Facebook Authentication. When I attempt to register an account using the Facebook option it prompts me to enter my credentials on the Facebook site. Once I log into Facebook, it returns to my site (sitefinitytest.com/sitefinity/authenticate/openid/callback?error=access_denied), but I get a popup in Windows asking me to authenticate and is preventing me from completing the registration with Facebook.

I get the same result with other OpenId providers as well. I have also tried this on a few different Sitefinity 10 installations and always get the same result. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2017 00:00

We have the exact same issue - we just tried this on a new sitefinity 10 project

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2017 00:00

Ah, same here, has anyone actually got the new auth to work yet?

I can step through the code and see that i'm getting everything back from my STS okay but Sitefinity errors

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity-/sitefinity-10-with-custom-openid-auth-provider

This thread is closed