Content modification issue in Sitefinity version 10.0.6400.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:12

Content modification issue in Sitefinity version 10.0.6400.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2017 00:00

Hi,

I'm facing a strange behavior in Sitefinity version 10.0.6400.0. I 've lost the content we have populated in our custom modules.

I've two language allowed in my website

Language Support: English and Arabic

Whenever i update any content item whose any tranlsation (EN) is in locked state and I update other translation (AR) and published then (AR) translation updated successfully and content modified and perfectly shown at the frontend website and in the backend listing. 

However, if I published the locked content item (EN) translation, it also modified the (AR) translation as well

Below are the steps to reproduced the issue.

1. Create a custom sitefinity module with a single field Title  

2. Create a new content item for English culture and publish it.

3. Open the English content item for modification, stay in edit mode, didn’t perform any modification and click the “AR” translation link to create the Arabic translation.

4. Provide the Title for “AR” content item, publish the content. “AR” translation created.

5. Now move back to “EN” translation of the same item, it was in Locked state. Now open

the item and publish it. Now again open “AR” translation of the same item, you will notice that it modified.

6. Update the “AR” content and publish it.

7. Now again open the “ER” item for edit, without performing ant update, clicks the “AR” translation link, update the “AR” translation and publish.

8.  “EN” translation is in Locked state, open the “EN” item and publish it.

9. Now again open the “AR” translation, you noticed that “AR” item also modified to version performed in step-6

Please suggest to resolve the issue because it seems that this is the sitefinity bug and I reproduced the same issue with Built-in modules like “News” as well.

This thread is closed