Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:02

License activation works only for short time

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2017 00:00

Hello,
we have some trouble with our license.
Our website shows the following activation dialog:
License_activation.png

We tried to activate with login and also the way by license file, but it only seems to work for a short time.
After entering the login info or choosing the license file it shows the following information:
Confirm_license.png

The date and version was from the first time we used Sitefinity CMS, currently we use v8.1.5820.
We’ve also tried the license file for v8.1.5820, but without any success.

Why is Sitefinity CMS missing the activation?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2017 00:00

Hi Jürgen,

Do you have installed .Net 4.7?

Can you please check this article: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../Sitefinity-prompts-for-license-activation-after-each-restart

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2017 00:00

[quote]Victor Leontyev said:

Hi Jürgen,

Do you have installed .Net 4.7?

Can you please check this article: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../Sitefinity-prompts-for-license-activation-after-each-restart

[/quote]

The .Net 4.7 update was installed automatically via Windows Update and was the reason for our problems.
We updated our project and all seems to work fine now.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2017 00:00

I have exactly the same problem on a 6.1.4300.0 community edition that I have had installed since 2011. I have NO CONTROL over the .net updates on the server and I see there are no hot-fixes for any version less than 7.0.

What am I to do here?

I'm under the impression I cannot update the current community version to anything above what I have without requiring another license, therefore I can't acquire a hotfix.

I desperately need some information, guidance or preferably a resolution here!

Any help is appreciated :)

This thread is closed