Sitefinity template is showing up in the canonical root URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:42

Sitefinity template is showing up in the canonical root URL of the login page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2017 00:00

This looks like something that should not be happening. Can anyone shed any light on this? I really appreciate your help! If there is another place you can recommend I find an answer please let me know as response is very slow here.

When viewing the website activity in Google Analytics, something strange is happening with the Login page URL. The Sitefinity template is showing up in the canonical root URL of the login page. Here is what the user is seeing: /Sitefinity/Template/1e2e9523-72ba-6e3f-8ce8-ff00001e89c8.

I am not a developer, I work on the content and SEO of a Sitefinity site with license 9.2.6220.0 Professional Edition. I have queried the developer and he tells me the Login page URL is generated by Sitefinity automatically and there is nothing that can be done. I have not experienced this in other CMS.

I am constantly amazed at the number of things that are standard in other CMS but have to be customized in Sitefinity in order to work to today's standards in web design. Sorry for the venting but this has been a frustrating experience all around. 

Your help is much appreciated, Deb

This thread is closed