Web Form Response Success not showing up / no email notifica

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:50

Web Form Response Success not showing up / no email notification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2017 00:00

Hi,

I am currently playing with the web form feature of Sitefinity (having 8.2.) in our test environment. And as it seems, the web form's behavior is not as intended I guess.

I created a web form, gathering userdata for getting in contact with us for creating accounts. Therefore my setup of the web form is the following:

Restrictions: No restrictions: Everyone can submit unlimited...
Confirmation options: Show Message for success ("Our customer service will get in touch with you as soon as possible")
Send Email notification for responses to... "My email address: kai@test.com; List of Email addresses: ...."
Responses Settings:  very same as confirmation options.

As I read in the documentation, I setup the notification settings:

- Created a profile for my email account, which does the outbound mails
- Inserted the SenderProfile in the Notifications setting of Forms

In the end I have two problems now:

1. The response success message does not show up on the page, when the submit button is used. Instead, I have an "empty" content box on the web form page. Page redirect does work, though. Still, I'd like to have the very same page in use for the web form having that message. The message shows up in the HTML but is always set to style="display:none".

2. Email notifications do not work. And I don't know if Sitefinity is even able to communicate with my email settings. Is there a test to see if the connection is stable?

I tested across IE (11), FF (Quantum: 57.0) and Chrome (Version 62)

What am I missing here?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2017 00:00

Regarding the Mail I have found the solution.

As it seems, not only the Notification settings needs to be set up with email credentials, but the SMTP settings under System need to be maintained as well.

This thread is closed