Custom SSO Authentication shows user authenticated but Authe

Posted by C Kiraly on 03-Apr-2020 15:51

Standard stuff... Sitefinity CMS v 12.0

I'm using a custom SSO authentication control (I have to use the custom control because the SSO is OAuth or OpenID compatable and doesn't provide any of the information that setting up the SSO as a Custom Provider in Sitefinity requires (at least from my read through the documentation))

public UserLoggingReason AuthenticateUser()
    {
        return SecurityManager.SkipAuthenticationAndLogin("Default", userName, true, 
            ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["SSOAuthRedirect"], 
            ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["SSONoAuthRedirect"]);
    }

This function came from https://www.progress.com/documentation/sitefinity-cms/for-developers-login-users-to-sitefinity-cms-when-using-custom-authentication

I'm making the assumption that this is working as expected as
A)
it goes to the SSOAuthRedirect page, and
B) the Sitefinity member-login control shows "Log out" and "Welcome [user name]" correctly.

However, if a user with the "Members" role get authenticated, it doesn't show the "Members" menu items. 

So, either I'm doing something wrong (which I'll admit is a strong possiblity), or there is some setting I've overlooked (which is easy enough as I'm not a normal Sitefinity user)

Hoping someone here has seen something similar and can share any guidance.

[UPDATE]
I've noticed that when you first come back to the site and authenticate the menus don't appear (even after refreshing/reloading the page), but if you go to another page on the site, the menus appear properly.

Also, after the above function runs, it returns to whichever function called it (ValidateMembership or CreateNewUser) and then runs 

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(System.Web.HttpCacheability.NoCache);
Response.Cache.SetNoStore();

All Replies

This thread is closed