Help: Failed attempt to install custom widget blows up my cl

Posted by cmsdev on 20-Aug-2019 18:02

Hi:

How does one go about resetting the Sitefinity cloud trial instance. I was attempting to install a custom widget from the SiteFinity tutorials by uploading the assembly into the \bin folder using the File Management tool. That caused the site to blow up and I no longer can access it.

Public address: http://site18123181946802.srv06.sandbox.sitefinity.com

Also, is there any documentation on how one would install a custom widget without access to the development solution and IIS Server?

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by eganeva on 21-Aug-2019 06:36

Hi,

Sitefinity allows development of custom widgets in separate assembly and once the custom widget is ready, its assembly should be moved in the bin folder of your application. Usually this is all that the Sitefinity needs to register it in the system.

I can suggest you check the log files in your project where there should  be more details what is causing the issue. The log files can be found inside your web app project/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs.

Furthermore I believe that the issue that you see can be caused if you have build the custom widget against Sitefinity packages with different version than the ones in your running site. If this is the case you can check the referenced assembly versions in your custom widgets and build it against the right on. Another approach can be to add binding redirects in the web.config in your project to the right assembly versions.

Please let me know if you need more details on the matter.

Regards,

Elena

Posted by craig.holdheide on 21-Aug-2019 17:35

In this case, I would probably try to contact Sitefinity and see if they can help you since they are hosting the site.  If you don't have a support contract with them, they have a LIVE Chat function on sitefinity.com.  It can be found in a green box on the left-hand side of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Posted by idimitrov on 22-Aug-2019 08:44

Hi [mention:2da1a76ac7ff4c7fada8188f906990c3:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05],

Regarding your issue with the sandbox trial please contact us through www.progress.com/.../contact and we will generate a new instance for you.

Regards,

Ivan

This thread is closed