"A user with this nickname already exists" excepti

Posted by araman on 01-Aug-2019 10:35

Hello,

I am trying to register a new user in Sitefinity. I have many custom fields also in the basic profile of Sitefinity. But I am getting "A user with this nickname already exists" exception. When we check in Sitefinity backend users list there is no such user. I tried multiple times with different names but every time it is showing the same error.

Also on analysis, I found that this exception is happening when I try to save some value to the custom fields in Sitefinity basic profile. But that custom fields are not at all depending on the Nickname

Message: Telerik.Sitefinity.ModelValidationException: A user with this nickname already exists.
at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessProfileProvider_53e4abda40a1409abf26fc8d136e21d7.CommitTransaction() at ...

This is the log I get. Can anyone please help me with this issue.

On analysis I think that the exception is happening when I try to save a custom profile field in the basic profile.

Following is the code I use. I am not sure why this exception is coming when I try to save a field which is not depending on the nickname.

SitefinityProfile sfProfile = profileManager.CreateProfile(user, Guid.NewGuid(), typeof(SitefinityProfile)) as SitefinityProfile;

if (sfProfile.DoesFieldExist("PocketGuidePushNotifications"))
{
sfProfile.SetValue("PocketGuidePushNotifications", true);
profileManager.SaveChanges(); // Exception when executing this line
}

"PocketGuidePushNotifications" this is the name of custom Sitefinity user field I created in Basic profile. 

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Aiswarya

All Replies

Posted by jread on 08-Aug-2019 12:29

Did you also check current users nickname? This can probably lead to a similar error

This thread is closed