MVC Public properties in the controller (widget) do not refr

Posted by linotadros on 06-Jun-2019 11:58

Hello

In the past, when you create public properties in a controller of type string, int, bool, enum, etc... when you generate a custom designer using angular, the values are processed correctly in and out of the database.

Now only string properties persist, integers and boolean, etc... don't.

Using the advanced designer that is auto generated works fine.  It is only the custom ones where you have to display a number like this:

<label>Your New Number: </label>
<input type="number" ng-model="properties.Number.PropertyValue" />

Is this broken now in Sitefinity 12?

Thanks
-Lino

All Replies

Posted by jread on 07-Jun-2019 13:32

I have tested on 12.0.7000 and notice the property does not get set in the 'simple' view but seems to persist in the default 'advanced' view ...

Posted by linotadros on 07-Jun-2019 17:09

You are correct J

Thanks for confirming

I consider this a major bug and hope that Sitefinity R&D release a patch to fix it ASAP.  It will require fixing the Angular implementation for type conversions in the Widget Designers.

Cheers

Lino

Posted by ilchev on 08-Jun-2019 11:13

Hi Lino,

Thanks for identifying this issue.

We will take a look at it and will let you know what we found as soon as possible. To escalate such issues faster submit them via support tickets. As this is the fastest way to get them prioritized. Community is more for a self-help and assistance and Sitefinity team check it from time to time, but you will get much more attention and faster response via support where such issues typical get verified in a business day time by R&D teams.

All the best,

Jordan

Posted by linotadros on 08-Jun-2019 14:33

Thanks a million Jordan

I would love to, but I have no way to submit a ticket.  I asked the management team to enable submission of tickets on my Sitefinity License but unfortunately, so far I still can not submit any tickets.

Thanks again and good luck with this issue.  I can make it work by modifying the DesignerView.Simple.js file and implement the ParseInteger or do the conversion of the boolean, etc... myself, but in the past the simple types did not need any work from the developer to persist and hope you can modify the Angular implementation in Sitefinity to continue that tradition.  The only time I expect to touch the js file for the designer is when there are selectors involved or I want to do something different than the default implementation.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks again

-Lino

Posted by ilchev on 10-Jun-2019 11:29

Hi Lino,

We just checked with the support team and it seems you have a valid developer account, but you has to use corresponding email, under Solliance domain.

If you have another account/email and you believe you have the licenses for it, then try to follow this guide www.progress.com/.../sitefinity-log-support-case

and if you encounter a provisioning problem (there should be an error) with instructions to contact via email the team that supports the portal (it is at the end of the guide as well). Provide them with customer/partner info and they should dig it further. Unfortunately the support portal is managed by external team.

Will get back on the MVC issue at hand, shortly.

Jordan

Posted by linotadros on 10-Jun-2019 12:51

Thanks Jordan

I just heard back from the Support Portal team, because my license is a Partner (Not for resale) license, I am not allowed to submit support tickets.

Mr. Alan Komet at Progress said the only way I can submit tickets is to purchase a license, being an Elite Partner is not enough

Cheers

Lino

Posted by eganeva on 11-Jun-2019 08:19

Hi Lino,

I was able to reproduce the issue that you mentioned and I believe that it is caused because our property service always returns the values of the properties serialized to string. Therefore if your int field has value 5, the service will return it as “5” and the angular number field can’t process it. I tested the same scenario with older versions of Sitefinity (going back to 10.0) but I observed the same behavior there just like in latest 12.0.

Could you provide me with more info in which version this worked for you, and if possible please attach your sample widgets so we can be sure that we are looking into the same scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena

Posted by linotadros on 13-Jun-2019 13:56

Thanks Elena

I am currently speaking at a conference in Orlando and will be back on Saturday, I will send the info as soon as I get back to the office on Saturday.  I will record 2 short videos to show the problem.  The current way it does not work in Sitefinity 12 and the last version of Sitefinity that worked right out of the box

In my humble opinion, this should be addressed anyway as there should not be any conversions for simple types coming from the controller.  Sitefinity Angular internal implementation should handle this automatically for simple types.  I understand the fix is simple enough by adding few lines to the DesignerView.Simple.js file to convert to the correct types, but that is something that should be added automatically and converted automatically by Sitefinity.

If you disagree, please let me know so I can have a better understanding

Cheers

Lino

This thread is closed