Font Awesome icon not loading into Grid

Posted by tgribeauval on 29-Apr-2019 17:56

Hi it's me again,

1) Problem:

2) Supposed to be this icon:

3) Inspected Code:

***as you can see, <span class="fa fa-pencil-square-o"></span> is commented out.
3.5) Inspected Code (<g></g>)

** not sure if this can help.

4) When my CSS is removed:

*** my css file is not breaking it

So my question is:

1) Where can I find the font awesome icons in my file manager?
2) Where can I find the TpcGrid template that includes this icon?
3) Why is this icon not working (I arrived late in this project, I don't know why or when this icon broke. I just need to fix it.)

Thank you

All Replies

Posted by ilchev on 30-Apr-2019 14:26

Hi Thierry,

It is sign of missing icon and is probably caused by using v.4 icon classes with v.5 version of Font Awesome. or using Pro icons.

(FYI: fontawesome.com/.../configuration )

All the best,

Jordan

Posted by tgribeauval on 30-Apr-2019 18:14

Hi ilchev,

Thank you for the reply. Could you please tell me where I can locate this line of code?

How can I verify if the icons are v.4 classes? I would like to remind you that I was told these icons used to work and all of a sudden, they stopped, they can't figure out why?

Posted by tgribeauval on 30-Apr-2019 18:14

Hi ilchev,

Thank you for the reply. Could you please tell me where I can locate this line of code?

How can I verify if the icons are v.4 classes? I would like to remind you that I was told these icons used to work and all of a sudden, they stopped, they can't figure out why?

Posted by ilchev on 01-May-2019 09:30

Hi Thierry,

There is not "fa-pencil-square-o" icon in v.5 https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery&q=pencil-squire 

you may have several ways to fix this situation:

1. use v.4.7 css for your site see when and why someone upgraded it to v.5 (maybe if you narrow the source control commit, it may help answer that)

probably that is the moment this icon stoped working, but no one noticed.

2. or change the grid template/code to use new icon maybe fa-pencil-square (you have to find if this is possible at all).

3. or upgrade the grid with v.5 compatible version, if such exists.

4. or see if someone else has a better suggestion at https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/wiki/Troubleshooting

Also maybe you can find better help, filling GitHub issue in that repo too.

All the best,

Jordan

Posted by tgribeauval on 02-May-2019 13:35

Thank you Ilchev, the issue was fixed. Could you help me out with my other issues? I've made a couple posts with no answer. More precisely the LoginForm bug I've been getting. Thank you.

Posted by tgribeauval on 02-May-2019 13:35

Thank you Ilchev, the issue was fixed. Could you help me out with my other issues? I've made a couple posts with no answer. More precisely the LoginForm bug I've been getting. Thank you.

Posted by ilchev on 14-May-2019 10:26

Hi Thierry,

if you believe you hit a bug, you SHOULD contact Sitefinity Support team this is a proper way to escalate such issues:

www.progress.com/.../sitefinity-log-support-case

As the community is intended for community self-help and is completely voluntary, you are not guaranteed to get help fast or at all.

I personally check it only when my time permits occasionally and guess same for the other members.

See if support can help you.

All the best,

Jordan

This thread is closed