LoginForm widget template affecting the ForgettenPassword an

Posted by tgribeauval on 26-Apr-2019 14:24

Error:

This error was created when I customized the LoginForm template­. I did not add or remove any lines of code, I just added two classes and changed a couple button's from default to success Bootstrap class.

Ex: LoginForm.LoginForm.cshtml :

Ex:LoginForm.CustomLoginForm.cshtml

Added a class to line 17 and 25.
Also changed btn btn-default to btn btn-success on line 88 and line 107.

The added classes are simply used to add custom css to the login form.

1) I click on Forgotten Password

2) I'm redirected to the login/ForgotPassword form, enter my email and click send:

3) 404

What is confusing is that I have the same page translated in another language, based on the same template, yet the path doesn't cause any errors. 

I'm redirected to the /fr-ca/connexion/ForgotPassword?emailSent=True&email=g%40test1.com&error 

What can be the issue here? Please help, thank you very much.

All Replies

Posted by jread on 26-Apr-2019 17:18

If you leave the forgot password page only in the default site language does the error go away?  You may try this work around on that password page to see if it address the issue too. knowledgebase.progress.com/.../Multilingual-English-page-generating-404-after-creating-German-version

Posted by tgribeauval on 26-Apr-2019 18:00

Where can I found the forgot password page? It seems like it's hidden.

Ex: These are all the child pages under the Login Page. As you can see, only the Login and Password Reset were translated into FR.

My login page used to be be based on a Page Template that was based off an MVC Template.

I fixed the error by basing my Login page on an MVC  Page template. 

What I don't understand is that my ''new'' MVC Page Template is based off MVC template that contains all of my CSS.

1)

2)

3)

Yet my CSS is no where to be found on my login page­. 

If I go Inspect the source files, my Page is being styled from an old cached CSS file that was located under my App_Themes folder. This old file was been deleted from the File Manager and my computer. This is another issue, that I address in my other post. 

Please help

Posted by tgribeauval on 29-Apr-2019 15:48

Can anyone please help here?

Posted by tgribeauval on 02-May-2019 14:42

The issue was solved. It had to do with the templates, switching from Hybrid to MVC only did the trick for me.

This thread is closed