SSO between Salesforce and SiteFinity

Posted by ssherazi on 15-Apr-2019 21:45

Hi,

I have been trying to connect Sitefinity with Salesforce for SSO where Salesforce will act as the Identity Provider. As per my research, there's no way to connect Sitefinity with Salesforce directly, therefore, we have to use OpenID in between Salesforce and Sitefinity. So Salesforce will connect to OpenIDConnect using OAuth and Sitefinity will connect to OpenIDConnect using STS Connection. 

I am able to establish a connection between Salesforce and OpenIDConnect "Heroku App" but I am unable to connect Sitefinity with OpenIDConnect. I have added all the required param values under the Administration » Settings » Advanced - Authentication » SecurityTokenService » AuthenticationProviders OpenIDConnect node. 

After setting up the param values I am unable to test as there's no OTB thing provided by Sitefinity to test the SSO. Any help will be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Syed

All Replies

Posted by ilchev on 17-Apr-2019 11:40

Hi Syed,

you may check this KB: [View:https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/Configure-Sitefinity-with-Salesforce-external-authentication-provider:550:50]

and also how to enable authentication troubleshooting logs: [View:https://www.progress.com/documentation/sitefinity-cms/turn-on-authentication-logging:550:50]

If you still have issues you can always contact Sitefinity support team, that will be more than glad to help.

Good luck,

Jordan

Posted by ssherazi on 17-Apr-2019 14:49

[quote user="ilchev"]

Hi Syed,

you may check this KB:

Progress KB - Configure Sitefinity with Salesforce external authentication provider

Progress Software Knowledgebase
How to configure Salesforce as an external authentication provider in Sitefinity?

and also how to enable authentication troubleshooting logs:

Turn on authentication logging - Sitefinity CMS Administration

www.progress.com

If you still have issues you can always contact Sitefinity support team, that will be more than glad to help.

Good luck,

Jordan

[/quote]

Hi Ilchev,

Thanks for responding to my query and it was really helpful. I configured Salesforce and Sitefinity as mentioned in your post. I have also uploaded the files to the root folder of the project using the SiteFinity built-in file manager. Please let me know if the files had to be uploaded there. 

Also, after uploading the files, I logged out and clicked the Default sign in button but it took me to the default sign-in page of Sitefinity where I have to input the credentials. 

Regards,

Syed 

This thread is closed