Filter events backend initial load by a custom field (classi

Posted by achild on 09-Apr-2019 21:00

Is there a way to filter the events that show up on initial load of the events dashboard section?

We have a multisite setup, and we tag each event with a chapter (repesenting each subsite) classification. We'd like to have the events tagged by that chapter classification show up in each site's dashboard initially and be able to show all events afterward if needed.

I've played with the filter expression on the EventsBackendList control but it doesn't seem to pull in to change the filter afterward.

Any Ideas?

All Replies

Posted by jread on 09-Apr-2019 21:26

If you are in fact using multisite is there a reason you didn't want to give each site it's own Provider for events so that when they load it while editing that specific site they only get their items?  What version of Sitefinity are you using, can you please provide some more details about your implementation so we can help?  You mention events dashboard, I assume you mean the backend listing for events or do you mean a widget literally on the Sitefinity dashboard?

Posted by achild on 09-Apr-2019 21:42

Thanks for your response, jread.

I need the availability to pull the events from other sites into it as well, that's why I didn't use a custom provider for each site. We are on 10.2.6641 at the moment. As far as the implementation, we created one calendar which we tag  with a custom classification (Chapter) for each site, we decided to not go with separate calendars for each site due to business rules we needed to follow. And yes, I was speaking of the backend listing for events.

This thread is closed