Sitefinity Redirect to page based on Roles at Login

Posted by cschnick@premier-us.net on 05-Mar-2019 23:24

I am needing to redirect a user to a specific page after they have logged in and I know what type of user they are based on custom profile settings we have.  The hook  for ILoginCompletedEvent is working fine.  I get to the LoginCompletedEventVerification method when I would expect to. The custom profile part "PTL_Extensions.Security.IsClient(userIDGuid)" is working fine.  The redirect is where I need some assistance.

I have found and followed the guidance given in the following two articles:

HOW TO REDIRECT TO SPECIFIC PAGE UPON LOGIN

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/How-to-redirect-to-specific-page-upon-login

and

ILoginCompletedEvent FOR DEVELOPERS

https://www.progress.com/documentation/sitefinity-cms/for-developers-ilogincompletedevent

My LoginCompletedEventVerification method is as follows:

private void LoginCompletedEventVerification(ILoginCompletedEvent evt)
{
if (evt.LoginResult == UserLoggingReason.Success)
{
var userName = evt.Username;
var userEmail = evt.Email;
var userIDGuid = Guid.Parse(evt.UserId);
var userIP = evt.IpAddress;

//if (!PTL_Extensions.Security.IsEmployee(currentUser.Id))
if (PTL_Extensions.Security.IsEmployee(userIDGuid))
{
// redirect to Legacy Premier iFrame page
Response.Redirect("/my-premier/my-premier-legacy");
}
else if (PTL_Extensions.Security.IsClient(userIDGuid))
{
// redirect to Client Dashboard
Response.Redirect("/my-premier/customer-dashboard");

}
else
{
//redirect to Home Page
}

}

}

If I uncomment the Response.Redirect("/my-premier/customer-dashboard"); lines, I get the following exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Response is not available in this context.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Response is not available in this context.

Source Error: 

Line 104:                {
Line 105:                    // redirect to Legacy Premier iFrame page
Line 106:                    Response.Redirect("/my-premier/my-premier-legacy");
Line 107:                }
Line 108:                else if (PTL_Extensions.Security.IsClient(userIDGuid))

Source File: C:\PTL\POC\PTL_POC\Global.asax.cs    Line: 106 

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Response is not available in this context.]
   System.Web.HttpApplication.get_Response() +9983123
   SitefinityWebApp.Global.LoginCompletedEventVerification(ILoginCompletedEvent evt) in C:\PTL\POC\PTL_POC\Global.asax.cs:106

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +160
   System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args) +117
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Events.HandlerList.Invoke(IEvent event, Boolean throwExceptions) +186

[EventHandlerInvocationException: Response is not available in this context.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Owin.Extensions.<Invoke>d__1.MoveNext() +324
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +99
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +58
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Owin.<Invoke>d__1.MoveNext() +217
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +58
   Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.<RunApp>d__5.MoveNext() +182
   Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.<DoFinalWork>d__2.MoveNext() +180
   Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.StageAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult ar) +69
   Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.EndFinalWork(IAsyncResult ar) +65
   System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +380
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +159

All Replies

Posted by cschnick@premier-us.net on 06-Mar-2019 17:58

I have now also tried implementing the code found in this article:

MVC: REDIRECT TO CUSTOM PAGE AFTER LOGIN

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/MVC-Redirect-to-custom-page-after-login

Once again, though the hook is triggered and the input.RedirectUrlAfterLogin is set,  while the result this time is not an exception, it is NOT redirected to the desired page.  Instead, I end up on my login page with the message "You are already logged in" displayed.

Any help or direction would be great.  Thanks, Chris

This thread is closed