Indexing group/redirecting pages

Posted by jo.doan on 01-Oct-2018 04:21

Hi all,

I have been building a main navigation on the site and I would like to use search-index to query pages instead of using direct query. Could you please help me on how to accomplish this?

1. Does Sitefinity indexes all pages automatically? if so, how to get pages through this indexes?
  2. If #1 above is false, may I can create custom PageInboundPipe?
    1. Does customizing PageInboundPipe indexes group and redirecting pages?

Thanks all. 

All Replies

Posted by Charles.Rezsonya@smdhu.org on 01-Oct-2018 08:50

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understand your question completely. But I'll give you my thoughts and let me know if you have any questions.

1) Sitefinity does index all pages when you publish a page. But if you want to index all pages, click 'run index' in the backend to trigger a search index update on all pages.

2) Whether or not question 1 is false, you can create a PageInboundPipe to customize how each page is scanned for search. Again, if you publish a page, that page is search scanned (or queried?) but instead of using Sitefinity's method, you can customize it using a custompageinbound pipe.

2b) If you add a custom pipe, you still go through all the pages of your site, the difference is using the pipe, you can test things like 'is this page a group page' or 'is this page a redirecting page' (I believe). If i'm wrong someone let me know. But the custom pipe allows you to make your own tests.

Posted by jo.doan on 01-Oct-2018 09:01

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for your support. I understand that I can customize PageInboundPipe. However, when I create a redirecting page or a group page in back-end, it doesn't trigger this change and my customized code is not called. But for normal pages, it works properly.

Actually, I don't know why so. I have researched a lots but still stuck on this. Could you please advise on this?

Thanks.

This thread is closed