List Module Titles

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 04:00

List Module Titles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

I have my titles fairly detailed in the backend so I know what they heck they are, but that doesn't always jive with the page widget as it's context is pretty clear (doesn't need to be specific)

...so can you introduce a "Details" or "Summary" column on the LIST GROUP level in the backend so I can denote what it is, or where it is in the site and keep the title short?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for this request. 

We are planning to add custom fields to a list level and when we do you will be able to add a custom field for description to every list. 
I will raise the priority of this feature internally but still cannot promise when it will be implemented. 

There is already a PITS issue for this but you have already voted there. If you want to add more comments please, follow this link: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6168

Your Telerik points are updated.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Ah yes, SIMILAR request, but a bit different

That PITS issue (requested by me) was to define custom fields on a List-by-list basis where the items in that list all get the custom fields.

What I'm asking for here is to just give me a simple description on the GROUP list level (the parent list which contains the children).  It doesn't need to support dynamic fields, although that would be nice...

Does that make sense?...

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thank you for this clarification. Sitefinity Lists are not hierarchical so they do not have a parent list. The structure is flat - all lists are at one level so we practically do not have list group level.

As a workaround you can use categories and use them to group your lists.

We will discuss your suggestion internally and will think of a proper solution.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Nono, that would be a retarded request, don't discuss that :)  We're still not on the same page :)

Ok so you have a
LIST which contains one or many LIST-ITEMS

So I just want a simple summary field on the LIST level...so instead of just editing the LIST title, give me a description\summary field as well....and it would be awesome if you showed the pages X list was on in the LIST table view (like you do with templates using X page)

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have logged your requests in our PITS system. Please vote for it to raise its priority. The iem ID is 7574

500 Telerik points are added to your account.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed