Select Image dialog improvements

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:54

Select Image dialog improvements

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi team,

I'd like to add a suggestion for the image select dialog.
Currently you see the thumbnails of images in one or more libraries. Works okay.

Would be nice to also see the caption or name of the image. Sometimes I can't figure out which image I have to select, if they look almost the same, or when I have a big and a small version of the image. I have to quit the design mode and go back to the image library to check the image.

So, caption, filename would be a nice addition. Maybe this whole dialog can be bigger, because it is just so small! Then you maybe have room for a listview of images...?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will discuss this with our UX team as they have the last word in this. I think it is a good suggestion, personally.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Any news on this? I'm getting feedback from my customers that it is not a very friendly dialog in terms of searching images. It should look like the dialog that was created in one of the blogposts about an image selector dialog.

See the attachment of an example.

Thanks!
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

This has been a complaint since release...the popup dialog is horrible.  I've got a library with a bunch of logos, all with differing sizes, but in the popup they all literally look the same.

What would be nice is a plain GRID view with image, name, tags

Or even a listview with something like
<image/><div>Name<br />Category\Tags</div>

Just about every widget dialog has stayed the same since the January release...tons have scrollbar issues, missing functionality, etc, and they're just never improved outside of a bug fix (it seems)

:/

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

I think you forgot the attachment? Thanks! -Daniel-

Hello Daniel, Steve,

Thank you for your comments for the Image dialog.
Attached you will find a screenshot of the wireframe we prepared to demonstrate some improvements we plan to make in the Image dialog.

Please look at the wireframe and feel free to comment.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Lubomir,

Thanks for the wireframe. Looks much better then the current view.
I personally think that including the title would be the most effective anyway. I see that this could be a problem with the layout, since some people think of ridiculous long titles, but there we could have the option to show the images as:

1. A listview (like in the Images module in the backend)
2. A thumbnail view (like the one in the wireframe)

Is this planned or scheduled for this year? (4.3 / 4.4)

Regards,
Daniel 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback. Attached is a screenshot which demonstrates how the list with images will look like in List view.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Cool, that looks like what I need. Any estimate for this?

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the comment - I am happy to hear that.

Unfortunately we do not have an estimate when this improvement will be implemented but it is definitely in the plans.
800 Telerik points are added to your account as a sign of grattitude for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Well we have the hover-over details now...that's a start, you can at least better determine size

@Steve

Thanks for the feedback. Waiting for language files to update my sites to 4.3. Don't have time to set up a test site just to see and therefore I desided to take advantage of the community (in this case you).

Thanks.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2012 00:00

Just like to bring this under the attention again. It's about 1 year later right now.

Curious if these wireframes ideas are planned to be developed soon?

Hey, if you need more developers to do stuff like this, let me know! ;)

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2012 00:00

I would settle for libraries beeing sorted alphabeticaly.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

When selecting library on uploading images in 5.2 the libraries are not sorted alphabetically as well. 

Have a golf site wich will have more then 100 image libraries. Selecting when not sorted makes it hard to work.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Marcus and Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback.
I can assure you that te fix for albums to be sorted alphabetically will be included in the next release.

Adding titles for thumbnails might not be that useful because there is not much space. This means that in most of the cases you will still need to check the whole title of the image on hover. We will definitely play internally with the design to see what we will come up with.

I wish you both happy holidays!
Antoaneta

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed