Forms Update...this'll take two minutes

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:45

Forms Update...this'll take two minutes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

The form submission results, can someone please chuck in an OrderByDescending somewhere either in "Response" or in "Submitted On"

It's sucks so so bad to have a large submission list and try and visually find the new item...there's a sort combo at the top right but it only sorts by database columns, not the response or submitted which would actually be useful.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Can you please let us know what values you have in the Sort Entries dropdown, and if you have by any chance customized you Forms configurations (might want to include the corresponding config file if so).The reason I'm asking is because the field is dynamically created and on both 1650 and 1733 projects it looks like this: sort-responses which includes the option to sort by Submission date in ascending/descending order. Looking forwards to your reply.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@Boyan,
  I'm on 1733, however the form was created wayyy before then.

(see attached)

Steve

Just checked another live site which is on 1650, and it is also missing that sorting option.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

@Boyan,
...any idea on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Excuse me for not replying earlier. There's been one more report of such behavior by antoher customer, so I've tried reproducing the behavior on several local projects. What I can confirm is that on a new project, the dropdown sorting options are certainly there, what we've expected is that maybe after an upgrade there might be some issues causing this, but so far the issue hasn't reproduced on any of the test upgraded projects. If possible, maybe you could provide your project to Rado in the support thread you have opened, so we can inspect this further? Thanks in advance.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Fixed, for anyone else with this issue here's how to do it (thanks Radoslav\Boyan)

1) Go to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ and delete FormsConfig file.
2) Then go to SystemConfig.config file and edit the entry for the forms module so that it looks like bellow:
<add name="Forms"/>
3) Restart the website.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2014 00:00

Thanks it was really helpful

This thread is closed