5.4 Begging you for some UI improvments

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:34

5.4 Begging you for some UI improvments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Please, please, please consider some easys change to make the live of many users better.

Look at the attached image. I have more then one site with 50+ libraries. Now most of them are on two lines. If they were single lined this would be so much more convenient. 

Markus

PS: UI Team - have a heart

Hi Markus,

I agree this should be addressed. There are some posts about it already, so I'll refer to the mockups the Sitefinity team created to show how the dialogs would be developed in (near) future.

http://www.sitefinity.com/ClientsFiles/304962_List-view.jpg
http://www.sitefinity.com/ClientsFiles/304280_Image-widget-improvements.jpg

I would like to see this very much!

Regards,
Daniel

@Daniel

Thank's for the links. At the moment search does not work for me so I cannot really find anything - therefore the new post.

At the moment I would settle for a wider dialog to show more libraries on one line.

I am the 80/20 guy. Telerik can improve 80% with only 20% effort :-)

Markus

PS: I used google to search for the thread. Found it - its over 1 year old - sad. But I keep trying to be heard.

@Daniel

Those would be great but for now I'd settle for percentage based width/heights instead of inline px-based width/heights.

A min-width:395px;width:80%;min-height:259px;height:80% approach would sure make things more visible/usable even if it means we get some empty space on very large desktop screens...

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Hey Telerik UI Team

Please don't forget these little changes that can make a huge difference!!!!!!!!

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you for this reminder. 

We have made some improvements in the Image widget which are about to become live with the upcoming release so stay tuned :)

I am sending you a picture to see how the improved Image widget will look like in the new version of Sitefinity. 

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I don't see the improvements. With the ability to nest libraries it will get even worse!!!

Sorry - make it wider. We can expect a backend user to have at least 1024 pixel or he should not edit at all.

Look at my initial screenshots and think a bit further.

For example

Libraries

- Telerik Events
   - London
   - New York
        - Developers Conference 2010
        - Developers Conference 2011

Think up some possible scenarios where the library names wont be that short and imagin if 3 levels are using 2-3 lines then.

Please use the width. Don't go from bad to worse.

Markus

I have to agree with Markus on this. It will be a problem with larger titles.
Hope that it will be no problem to make the dialog(s) like the one Sitefinity send us earlier.

http://www.sitefinity.com/ClientsFiles/304962_List-view.jpg

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Markus @Daniel
  It's not clear though if the text will wrap or if there's a scrollbar...it seems to be a RadTreeView so I'd guess scroll and not wrap

(I know you WANT large width, but at this point in the cycle, it's unlikely)

For me at a glance it's way easier to see the library separation than it was before...

@steve

At this point in the cycle? I think I made the request before 5.4 was out. They are toucjing it now anyhow to make changes! If they dont do it now we can forget about it! Then we have to try to get the request to PITS and get 200 votes.

I am pretty sure similar requests were made in4.x stage.

Telerik, how about surprising us?

Markus

@markus
Yes, at this point in the cycle where they're in QA testing...

Timelines are tight, there's likely a ton of UI work already just to support hierarchical libraries, and who knows there might be some UX design doc that defines "this" as the size and look for the dialog.  That's hardly something a dev who's working on it can just arbitrarily decide to change without it being part of their work schedule.

They didn't set out to re-work the control based on it being an old request, it was changed due to the necessity of hierarchical image libraries.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Markus, Steve,

As Steve already mentioned we have reworked our Image widget to support hierarchical libraries at first place. We are not planning to stop making improvements in this widget. There are many more changes to come but not all of them will be included in the upcoming release.

It turns out that resizing the window is not a simple task and we should invest more time than it was initially planned. That is why we have decided to take this time and fix some critical and blocking issues. 

Please give us some time and I promise you that this request will not be forgotten. It is one of the top priority tasks which we will be working on after this release.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed