Manually adding Administration > System > Modules

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:53

Manually adding Administration > System > Modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

In one of my production sites, an upgrade from 5.0.2500 ultimately to 5.1.3270 failed to create the "Modules" page under Administration > System.  Everything else is fine--in fact, ALL of my other upgraded sites are fine. I did not realize the omission until a day or two ago. I would think I could insert the missing page via the Backend Pages, but I've not been able to make this work. Any suggestions how I can insert this page without reverting to 5.0 and trying again? If nothing else, I would think I could accomplish this directly on SQL Server, if I knew what tables/entries to make.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2013 00:00

For any interested, adding the page and control for the Administration > System > Modules, although appearing to work, i.e., the page and control display, it wouldn't work correctly. Although I could deactivate a module, it wasn't suppressed in the backend navigation.

The solution was to alter the 5.1.3270 database to reflect 5.0.2500 in the sf_schema_vrsns table--being careful that the connection_hash entries from 5.1.3270 were retained; replace the 5.1.3270 App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder with it's 5.0.2500 version; and upgrade to 5.2.3700.

The schema is now at 5.2.3700 and the subject Modules page works correctly as does everything else.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Larry,

Another approach is to the the following. Go to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configurations and open the System.config file. After that edit the build version to one of the older version of Sitefinity(older than the original version you are upgrading from will do too):http://screencast.com/t/QUOP2nef3nC

Save the file and restart the application. After that, it will execute the upgrade scripts again and if something was not upgraded properly or has the wrong version in the database, will be resolved and the Module sub-menu will be available. 

I hope this information is helpful to other users who face the same issue after an upgrade.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

I'll definitely add YOUR solution to my Knowledge Base. Of course, I'll miss the mind-numbing fear of manually replacing database tables and worrying about destroying the data, etc. that my kludge involved.  Thanks for providing the 'correct' answer to my issue.

This thread is closed