Grayed out icons for pages a user has no access to

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:57

Grayed out icons for pages a user has no access to

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2013 00:00

If a user has no access to change pages, the page title is grayed out and not working as a link.

I think it would be further helpfull (especially in larger sites) when the icons would be grayed out as well. See screenshot for published pages green circle with white checkmark. If these icons would be grayed out as well it would visually be much faster to see where you can make changes.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the feedback and the idea. However the icons for content items are also showing the current status of the item, which is also important and good to be seen and recognized immediately. Therefore we will not change the default behavior for now, but we will keep the idea in mind for future releases. 

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

Dear pavel

I know that the icons are showing the current status. But the icons are designed specific for the status

published, scheduled and unpublished for example have different icons.

If you have access to 10 pages out of 100 it might not even be of any concern to you what the status of the pages are you have no access for.

The little mockup shows you how much cleared it would be for users, and none of the information would be lost since the status of the page is written next to the icon as well.

But then again there might not be to many projects with many pages and restrictions for certain groups, and hiding image libraries a user has no rights for is much higher on my wish list.

Markus

This thread is closed