Description, Keywords, Advanced Options

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:18

Description, Keywords, Advanced Options

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

I would vote for the opening of Description, Keywords by default but close the advanced features on page creation.

Why?

100% of pages need description (keywords field could be less hight)
20% or less of the pages need changes in Advanced section.

Users less confused
Users less clicks
Space better used less scrolling

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Your desired scenario can be achieved with the out of the box functionality that Sitefinity provides. Please check the attached pictures, where you can find all the necessary setting that you need to do. Keep in mind that the settings for the create view and edit view are separate.

I hope that this information helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

Thank's once more for taking me into the depth of the advanced settings.

a) I would say that an page create the DescriptionKeyword Settings should be set to true by default. 
b) it seems in my 6.1 version setting the advanced section in edit to false has no effect. expanded anyhow.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I have tried these settings on my test 6.1 project and both of them work as expected. Also there is no problems with version 6.0.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

I still have problem to have the advanced section collapsed in an 6.3 fresh project when editing a page.

Am I changing at the wrong place? See screenshot.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Your proposal has been logged internally as a feature request. I hope it will be implemented in a future Sitefinity release.

Let us know if you need further helped.

Regards,
Nader Dabour
Telerik

Dear Nadar

Its not a proposal  its a question if I am doing something wrong or if its not working as it should - which would be a bug and not feature request.

Markus

Hi,

Apologies for the miscommunication. I meant to say that we have logged a feature request where the default behavior of Sitefinity will be to have the Description, Keywords section expanded when creating or editing a Page.

As for your question I have created a video that demonstrates the required steps for configuring the sections. You can view the video here.

Regards,
Nader Dabour
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Nader

I did set it there however on some page it seems not to be working: www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_expand_options_sometimes_work.swf

Strange

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

The settings in your video are correct. Have in mind that by default the last modified section will be expanded automatically the next time you edit a page. For example if you make changes in the Advanced section on page creation the next time you edit that same page the modified section will be expanded. This is done mainly for user convenience. As already mentioned we've logged a feature request that will address this behavior in a future Sitefinity release.

Regards,
Nader Dabour
Telerik

This thread is closed