Post your Sitefinity Thunder related questions here

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:28

Post your Sitefinity Thunder related questions here

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

Sitefinity Thunder is about to be announced officially soon. 
Please use this forum to post all your questions related to it. We'll be glad to discuss your ideas and help you with any issues you might have. 

Sincerely yours,
Sitefinity team.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2012 00:00

We still wait to test it :)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

I have loaded Thunder now.
But I always get a failed connection when trying to establish a connection. How would I troubleshoot this.
Also, after adding a Thunder project to my Sitefinity Soln. How do I have my Sitefinity web app reference the Thunder project?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Same here. Thunder said its connect but i cant upload a theme.

Ok after restart of our Server it seems to be working

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Darrin,

I see that your using Sitefinity 4.4. Have you installed the Thunder module (In Visual Studio -> Terlerik -> Sitefinity Thunder - > Install Sitefinity Thunder Module)?

Please, check the documentation here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/sitefinity-thunder

If the module is installed check that your site is running and you can login (you have to be administrator). Then check the connection settings in Visual Studio, it should be working fine.

About the reference - there is no need to add reference to the themes project. Currently the Themes project is used as a "storage" so you can have the themes in TFS for example, separate from your web project. You just need to upload the theme. You can also use the themes without the Themes project: use "Add new item" in your web project - this will create the basic theme and will register it. This way you can work "locally", no need to upload themes via the Sitefinity Explorer.

All the best,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2013 00:00

After adding thunder to my C# vs 2012 project, I have discovered an unusual by product.  When I run my project from Visual Studio in debug mode, I am able to step through my project.  Once I stop debugging, I am unable to access any code behind files.  I have to exit studio and reenter to be able to access the code behind.  Has this been reported before?  Any solutions on resolving?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2013 00:00

Hi Rick,

Thank you for reporting this issue. What is the version of Thunder and the version of Sitefinity that you are using? Also what Thunder item did you create - a widget, a custom module, a dynamic items field control selector, etc. It would be really helpful if you record a video reproducing the issue, so we can investigate your steps and try to reproduce it on our side. In case it is a bug, we will log it and forward it for fixing to the Thunder development team.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Greetings,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2013 00:00

Hi All,
New to Sitefinity
Have installed Thunder but am unable to connect

Already logged in as administrator to my website
Am using Cassini to run Sitefinity , could this be a reason
URL I am using is http://localhost:55252/DavidMTest/
Should it perhaps be just
 http://localhost:55252/ ie without the project name??

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

The project url must be "http://localhost:55252/" tough cassini is not the best web server in terms of speed so I recommend replacing cassini with IIS express which is also started from visual studio.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2016 00:00

Hi,

I am Tushar.

I am using free version of Sitefinity and kendo MVC UI. I will purchase sitefinity very soon.

I have question that Can I drag and drop form on custom
existing  widget.   Existing widget is a step wise form which  I have Created in MVC kendo UI.

The scenario is Admin can create the form and save the details (like terms and condition).
Can this form will be drag and dropped on Existing widget on sitefinity.

Please help me out.

This thread is closed