Creating a new widget+designer

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:56

Creating a new widget+designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

See attached...nothing happened and I got this popup

Hello Steve,

Would you please provide us with more information about the problem - what is the Sitefinity project version, have you reproduced the bug again and how?

Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Sitefinity team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Latest SF (5.0 hotfix) and Thunder
http://screencast.com/t/5GqjluRdGJi

Would you please try to create new project of type class library, and try to add there Widget + designer and see if it works.
If you can send us your project, we'll investigate the problem.

Kind regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Sitefinity team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Dimitar,

I get exact the same problem as Steve. In my SitefinityWebApp for version 5 Hotfix (lastest version).

Right click the the project or folder in the project, Add > New Item. Then Choose "Sitefinity Widget with Designer" from the Sitefinity templates under Visual C#. Name my widget, click add and nothing is created and I get the popup "The path is not of legal form".

Doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Seth

PS. I also created a created a Class library and this didn't work either. I have Thunder version 1.0.6.0

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Hey Seth & Steve,

For me its working perfectly, both with right click add and project menu add. But I do have to make a note that I ran into beta issues with the latest round so I completely uninstalled Thunder and re-installed the v1.0.6.0 fresh.

From a 'SitefinityWebApp' projects it creates the files, both in root and in subfolders (as long as you stay out of App_Data and with a 'clean class library' you'll see all the needed references as well. (FYI both widget & designer aswell as designer for existing widget work).

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Thanks Jochem,

I tested this on my laptop which didn't have Thunder installed previously and go the same issue. Then I asked one of our other developers to try it on their machine and they got the same issue.

Do you have to do your right click from a certain folder or something in the SitefinityWebApp project (I also tried in a class library)?

Thanks,

Seth

Hi Seth,

I would really appreciate if you can record a video reproducing your problem, information about your operating system, the current language, that you are using and information about your Visual Studio ( the best information source is: go to Help - About and then click Copy Info button and paste in a text document, you can also get system information from the button System info)

Best Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Sitefinity team

@Dimitar
  I think Jochem the great (tm) has narrowed it down to x86 vs x64 (Craps out on x64)?

Give that a try?

Hi,

Attached is my system info.

Text file with System info and VS

Thanks,

Seth

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi guys,

We found the possible issue:
If you have a solution folder in your solution, it will throw the exception you get, because solution folders doesn't have FullName. In the currently released version, we've made a small fix for this problem and now it will work if you have solution folder, but if you have project in this folder, it will skip them and you may not be able to add widget+designer there.

If you still reproduce the problem, please report it and we'll continue with the investigation.

Regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Sitefinity team

This thread is closed