Thunder VB

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:23

Thunder VB

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi

Where is the support for Thunder using VB? It's really a shame that you at Telerik forget us that are using VB.

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Keivan,

The Visual Basic support for the generation of widgets and designers is planned for the release that will be in the end of April (in about 2 weeks). We have a short release cycle and this is the reason that some of the features will come first for C# and then for VB.

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2012 00:00

Is the VB support still planned for a future release?
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Jeremy,

We have VB support since April. This includes all the features currently available in Thunder - widgets, designers, modules, etc.

Kind regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2012 00:00

VB support for MVC widgets seems missing, is this planned ?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Yes, we have the VB support for MVC planned for the second half of September.

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi

I'm having problems using Thunder with VB, not even basic tasks as creating a empty Sitefinity Widget with Designer works I get a error when running the wizard, object reference not set.

When trying to use the Designer for Existing Widget, the wizard is empty.

Above works well when using a C# Project with exakt same structure.

Desn't the VB templates get the same amount of love and testing as the C# ones?

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Keivan,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the VB templates. We have tested all of the templates in VB projects from 4.2 SP1 to 5.2 SP1 and we are unable to reproduce the issues which you are describing.

Would you please consider opening a ticket about this to send us your solution and database so that we can try to reproduce it locally?

I am sorry for the caused inconvenience. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2016 00:00

Any news? It still doesn't work and support for MVC VB is non existent!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi

It's the same problem even with the latest version of Thunder. It should not take years to fix!

/Keivan

This thread is closed