Thunder 1.0.9 uploaded Masterpage not registered correctly

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:31

Thunder 1.0.9 uploaded Masterpage not registered correctly

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2012 00:00

When creating a new template in VisualStudio and then uploading it to a Sitefinity instance, the path doesn't get registered correctly.

Manual upload gives:
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/name/App_Master/masterpage.master

Automatic upload gives:
~App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/name/App_Master/masterpage.master 

This results in a YSOD because the file doesn't exist.

---
Work around:
Manually add the '/' inside the db on the [sf_page_templates] and [sf_draft_pages] table.

---
FYI:
Inside VisualStudio the App_Themes/themename gets created but when uploaded, it registers the theme as masterpage - themename.

Hello Jochem,

Could you record a video of the incorrect path to the master page? We are unable to reproduce this.

The themes are registered as <WebsiteTemplateName>_<ThemeName> because theme names are unique. You can have several website templates that have themes with the same name. Page templates are registered as <WebsiteTemplateName> - <MasterPageName> because page template names are unique as well.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Marin,

Yup, you can find the video here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19007909/sitefinity/thunder109v7.mp4

(Keep your eye on Thunder Output and Visual Studio status bar as well)

Just to get this straight:
If I manually add a <themefolder> under App_Themes, I get the correct name. 
If I create a Sitefinity Thunder theme, I get the correct name.
If I create a Sitefinity Thunder Template, I get an ugly name?

I certainly can't see the logic behind it... On file level you have ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/<ProjectName>/App_Themes/<ThemeName>
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/<ProjectName>/App_Master/<TemplateName>.Master

How do you go from inserting a masterpages name as a pre to a theme? Even previous versions of Thunder used 'Thunder' as <ProjectName> but didn't add that anywhere visually for the end client...

Look at the screenshot, you can't be serious and tell me this is the 'user friendly' and 'most professional' way of displaying themes & templates to end users...

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

Hello Jochem,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will be rolling out a new version with a fix for this issue today. Please let us know if the problem persists.

In the theme name we have inserted the website template's name, not a master page's name. This was due to the fact that you might want to have a theme with the same name in 2 or more website templates but Sitefinity will not let you register 2 themes with the same name. The same is true for the master pages and page templates. We have taken your feedback into consideration and will be making a change in the next regular release (the hotfix today will be just for the master page registration).

After the hotfix, you can go to the page templates and rename them. When you update an existing website template, a new page template will not be created if there is an existing one that is using the master page. The same will be true for the themes after the regular release.

If you put songs like that in your videos, I might have to ask you for videos more often ;)

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

Hey Marin,

Perfect and thanks for the speedy rebuttle & hotfix even though you're already on a speedy development cycle!

If you like this kind of music you should volunteer for the ecommerce department ;)

Jochem

This thread is closed