Form Widget Problem

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:35

Form Widget Problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2012 00:00

I'm trying to create the form widget in an external assembly...the solution has 2 sitefinity projects attached.

But it's waiting to modify the WRONG sitefinity projects .config files

Actually I don't even want it to register anything actually, I can do that myself....partly b/c that project stores its config in the DB.

Steve

...could I also beg for generated designer support too :)

Hi Steve,

The problem is that you have 2 sitefinity projects opened and the form widget registration gets confused where to write. Would you explain what is your case to have two sitefinity projects opened in a single solution?

Kind regards,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

What do you mean by "opened" :)

It's just a solution in TFS, nothing in that project is even checked out, however it shows up first in the project list.

We have a public SF instance, and a private SF instance.  Both share a couple of the projects in the solution....like our custom OA model.

Actually when you tweak the logic on this to work in an assembly, can you change it to LayoutTemplateName and set the AssemblyName on the ScriptReference? (had me stumped for a bit)

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I meant that you have 2 Sitefinity projects in your solution, which is causing the confusion for the Form widget, where to write its configuration.

Most probable reason is that, when we search for a Sitefinity project, we expect to have only one in the solution and we take the first one we find.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Dimitar Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yeah that jives with what I'm seeing...any way you can perhaps account for this scenario then? (and using DB persisted config files?)

Sorry I don't want to be anal, but the rendered markup in the default should mirror the plain textbox control.  What we get is way out in left field with <br /> tags on every line and no "sfFieldWrp" wrapper.

This thread is closed