Dynamic module selector in widget designer;

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:43

Dynamic module selector in widget designer;

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

From the release notes: Ability to generate Page/Image/Video/Document/Dynamic module selector in widget designer;

Can someone update help or blog on this?  I can't seem to get it to work.  If I try (how I'm assuming it's done) I get

The control of type 'ASP.usercontrols_testfield_myfieldcontrol1_ascx' does not implement IField interface. All fields must implement IField interface

Hello Steve,

Have you checked the documentation about creating dynamic module selectors?

When you select the dynamic module selector option, we give you a template for the content type. You need to replace the developer name of the dynamic module and the dynamic module content type. If you are not sure what you need to enter there, you can go to your module and then go to its code references like described in the documentation.

If this does not fix the error, please consider sending us your widget and designer to test it locally.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ahhh, okay, so this was my fault, I got it wrong

I thought it let me create a field control so when I edit an item I could get like a mulit-image\doc selector.  Totally missed that article nested in there.

I'll give it a try, thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,
I'm also facing same issue.

I've tried to add custom field for blog post.
I need to add document field and video field for blog post, like it works for image field. (If, I put "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ImageField" in "Type or Virtual path of the custom widget" textbox) 
(Please find attached images for more detail.)

In the "Type or Virtual path of the custom widget" textbox, I’ve tried :

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.FileField
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.MediaField

User control I’ve added :
~/CustomVideo.ascx (Please find attached images for more detail.)

But, it’s not working. Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Bhavik Bhavsar

This thread is closed